- This Webinar addresses the needs of everybody who needs to understand the technology and concepts of LTE as the future 4G standard of 3GPP.
- After the general introduction to 4G standards is given, the Webinar starts with an introduction of the requirements of LTE.
- The following part presents important characteristics of the key layer 1 technologies: OFDM and MIMO.
- The Webinar continues with a description of the LTE L1. Among others we evaluate in detail the application of essential technologies like OFDMA for the downlink and SC-FDMA for the uplink in LTE as well as the LTE frame structure.
- This part concludes with the discussion of the physical layer procedures.
- The next chapter evaluates in detail the higher layer protocols of E-UTRAN.
- This chapter is presenting the initial context setup procedure of LTE and is describing the data flow of a TCP/IP packet trough the protocol layers.
- What is LTE and why it is introduced in the first place?
- What are the requirements for LTE and how do they differentiate from those of UMTS?
- What are the key characteristics of LTE’s (E-UTRAN’s) layer 1 and layer 2/3?
- How does the LTE and SAE (System Architecture Evolution) evolved mobile radio network look like?
- How do the basic physical layer technologies of LTE like OFDM and MIMO work?
- How the physical frame structure is facilitating the use of a flexible bandwidth allocation?
- How the physical layer procedures work in LTE?
- How the throughput of the UE categories can be calculated?
- What are the tasks of the higher layer protocol entities and functions of the enhanced node B: MAC, RLC, PDCP, and RRC?
- How in detail the TCP packets travel through the protocol layers?
- app. 3 hours (+ 2 breaks)
- 498.- €
Part 1: Principles and Motivation of LTE
- Mobile Radio: Comparison between 3G and 4G
- Requirements on LTE
- LTE and System Architecture Evolution (SAE)
- The E-UTRAN Protocol Stack
- Overview Channels of E-UTRAN
Part 2: Key Technologies of the LTE Physical Layer
- Introduction OFDM Technology
- Introduction to MIMO Technology
Part 3: The Physical Layer of E-UTRAN
- The Use of OFDM/OFDMA in LTE
- The DL Physical Channels and their Frame Structures
- The UL Physical Channels and their Frame Structures
- Physical Layer Procedures
- UE Classes
Part 4: The Higher Layers of E-UTRAN
- Features of MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC
- NAS Protocol States and Transitions
- QoS and Security in LTE
- Initial Context Setup Procedure
- How a TCP MTU is reaching the UE / the Internet
Dates of our LTE in 3 Hours Webinars:
We are sorry, but at the moment no webinar is scheduled. If you are interested in this webinar, please contact us.
Know already our Webinars?
We are proud to introduce the first INACON-Webinars:
- Evolved EDGE in 3 Hours
- DIAMETER in 3 Hours
- GPRS & EGPRS in 3 Hours
- GSM in 3 Hours
- HSPA+ (R7 & R8) in 3 Hours
- IMS in 3 Hours
- IMT Advanced in 90 Minutes
- LTE in 3 Hours
- SAE in 3 Hours