- This webinar provides a fast track to the essential aspects of both, GPRS and EGPRS.
- The webinar starts with a description of the principles of packet-switched operation compared to circuit-switched operation. We consider this part very important especially for beginners.
- The next part is dedicated to the description of the new network architecture with GPRS, pointing out the tasks and functions of PCU, SGSN, GGSN and BG.
- This chapter concludes with the provision of the presentation of the performance figures of GPRS and EGPRS in terms of bandwidth and latency.
- Focus of the webinar is on the following chapter that discusses the air interface related aspects of GPRS and EGPRS. This relates particularly to multislot operation and the modulation and coding schemes CS-1 - CS-4 and MCS-1 - MCS-9 that are used in GPRS and EGPRS.
- The final chapter is dedicated to operational aspects of GPRS and EGPRS. This part explains how users get their IP-addresses from the network and how data is actually transmitted over the air interface in uplink and downlink direction.
- What is specific to GRRS compared to plain GSM?
- How does multislot operation work in GPRS and EGPRS?
- Which enhancements like 8-PSK modulation does EGPRS provide compared to regular GPRS?
- What are the performance figures of GPRS and EGPRS?
- How is packet-switched GPRS-operation coordinated with circuit-switched GSM-operation that uses the same resources?
- How does a user obtain his/her IP-address and what do I need to configure on my laptop to achieve this?
- app. 3 hours (2 x 1.5 hour + 1 break)
- 498.- €
Part 1: Overview of GPRS and EGPRS
- Packet-switched vs circuit-switched
- Network Architecture, Protocol Stack and Mobile Station Types
- Performance Figures of GPRS and EGPRS
Part 2: The Air-Interface
- Multislot Operation and Mobile Station Classes
- Radio Blocks, 52-Multiframe and Packet Data Channels
- Adaptive Modulation and Coding: CS-1 – CS-4 and MCS-1 – MCS-9
- Differences between GPRS and EGPRS / Enhancements through EDGE
Part 3: Operational Details
- Obtaining an IP-address: Attachment and PDP-Context Activation
- Resource Allocation & Release in Uplink Direction
- Resource Allocation & Release in Downlink Direction
Dates of our GPRS & EGPRS in 3 Hours Webinars:
We are sorry, but at the moment no webinar is scheduled. If you are interested in this webinar, please contact us.
Know already our Webinars?
We are proud to introduce the first INACON-Webinars:
- Evolved EDGE in 3 Hours
- DIAMETER in 3 Hours
- GPRS & EGPRS in 3 Hours
- GSM in 3 Hours
- HSPA+ (R7 & R8) in 3 Hours
- IMS in 3 Hours
- IMT Advanced in 90 Minutes
- LTE in 3 Hours
- SAE in 3 Hours